English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 5)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5×8=4
Alamgir : Friend, how are you?
Myself : Fine, and you?
Alamgir : I’m also fine by (a) — grace of Almighty. What are you reading?
Myself : I am reading about Alfred Bernard Nobel and Nobel Prize.
Alamgir : Please tell me about what does (b) — word ‘Nobel’ actually refer to?
Myself : Nobel prize is (c) — world’s most important prize. It is named after (d) — Alfred Bernard Nobel, (e) — Swedish scientist.
Alamgir : What is the source of this prize?
Myself : He left behind (f) — huge amount of 90,00,000 dollars to give (g) — prizes.
Alamgir : In which fields is the prize given?
Myself : This prize is given in the six fields, namely physics, chemistry, literature, medicine, peace and (h) — economics.
Alamgir : Thank you very much.
Myself : You are welcome.
2. Hassan is writing to his friend Reza about the remedies against fever. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
My dear Reza,
I received your letter yesterday. (a) — your letter, I came to know that you are suffering (b) — fever. It is not a new problem (c) — you because you suffer from illness very often. It is you who are responsible for the trouble because you are indifferent (d) — your health. You should keep (e) — mind that health is wealth. If you do not possess a sound health, you will not be able to concentrate (f) — your study. Moreover, an unhealthy man can never be happy. I advise you to consult a doctor immediately. You should maintain regularity and take proper food. I hope you will take much care (g) — your health (h) — now on.
Your loving friend,
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
You wanted to know about the difference between the bus journey and train journey. We travel from one place to (a) — by bus and (b) — train. Travelling by bus is quicker than travelling by train. Buses run (c) — . If we miss a (d) —, we can take another an hour or so later. On the other (e) — , if we miss a train, we have to (f) — until the next day. Trains stop only for a (g) — minutes at stations to get down passengers and to take up new ones. There are toilet facilities on the train. There are (h) — dining places where the passengers can have their meals. Trains are (i) — overcrowded. Trains stop (j) — for half an hour.
With best wishes,
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Drug addiction||is||not only a national but also a global problem.|
|Addiction||are taken||heroin, opium, etc.|
|Some of these drugs||are||strong attraction for any harmful thing.|
|Some of these||means||taken by smoking or through injection.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
Health is wealth. (a) A healthy poor man is happier than a sick moneyed man (Make it positive). (b) A healthy man is an asset to his family (Make it interrogative). (c) An unhealthy man is a liability (Make it negative). (d) Can’t he succeed in life? (Make it affirmative). (e) Everybody must be conscious of health (Make it negative).
6. Fill in the gaps with the right forms of verb in the brackets. Question d and h have special instructions in the brackets for the use of verbs. 0.5×8=4
There was a dishonest man in a village who (a) — (do) all sorts of mischief to the villagers. But when he (b) — (do) any evil work, he (c) — (say) that God had done it by him. One night the man (d) — (steal ‘use past continuous’) some mangoes from the garden of his neighbour. The owner of the garden (e) — (see) him stealing mangoes and (f) — (hurry) to the garden. Having (g) — (reach) the garden he took a stick and continued (h) — (beat ‘use present participle’) the dishonest man.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5×8=4
Sabina said to alam, Happy birthday to you. you are looking very smart thanks for your appreciation said Alam, “where is Manika won’t she come?” sorry, she has gone to hospital with her mother. She replied. But, why? he asked. She fell on the road and lost sense said sabina.
Model Question-5 Solution
1. (a) the ; (b) the ; (c) the ; (d) × ; (e) a; (f) a ; (g) the ; (h) ×.
2. (a) From ; (b) from ; (c) for ; (d) to ; (e) in; (f) on ; (g) of ; (h) from.
3. (a) another; (b) by; (c) frequently; (d) bus; (e) hand; (f) wait; (g) few; (h) also; (i) usually; (j) sometimes.
4. (a) Drug addiction is not only a national but also a global problem.
(b) Addiction means strong attraction for any harmful thing.
(c) Some of these drugs are heroin, opium, etc.
(d) Some of these are taken by smoking or through injection.
5. (a) A sick moneyed man is not so happy as a healthy poor man.
(b) Isn’t a healthy man an asset to his family?
(c) An unhealthy man is not an asset.
(d) He can succeed in life.
(e) Everybody cannot but be conscious of health.
6. (a) did; (b) did; (c) said; (d) was stealing; (e) saw; (f) hurried; (g) reached; (h) beating.
7. Sabina said to Alam, “Happy birthday to you. You are looking very smart.” “Thanks for your appreciation,” said Alam. “Where is Manika? Won’t she come?” “Sorry, she has gone to hospital with her mother,” she replied. “But, why?” he asked. “She fell on the road and lost sense”, said Sabina.