English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 6)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (x) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Myself : Hi Enamul, how’re you?
Enamul : Quite well.
Myself : How do you prepare yourself for (a) —— coming examination?
Enamul : All my syllabuses have already been completed and now I revise them properly for (b) —— absolute memorization.
Myself : But my preparation is not good at all. I’ve decided myself to follow (c) —— Suggestions and Test Papers of (d) —— Janani Publications because most of the suggested questions of this publication were common previously.
Enamul : Please give me (e) —— suggestions.
Myself : You must come to my house and I assure you to give (f) —— extraordinary suggestion.
Enamul : Thank you for your good (g) —— advice. It will help me (h) —— lot.
Myself : Thank you too. Bye.
Enamul : Bye.
2. Kona is writing about her aim in life to her friend. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
(a) —— the outset, take my cordial love and good wishes. I have not heard (b) —— you (c) —— a long time. Hope that you are well (d) —— the grace of Almighty Allah. (e) —— this letter, I have learnt that you wanted to know my aim in life. My aim in life is public service. So, I have made (f) —— my mind to be a school teacher (g) —— passing my M.A examination.
I am well.
With love (h) —— you all.
Yours beloved friend,
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
How are you? Hope, you are well. Now I want you to know about the bad (a) —— of wasting time. You know (b) —— time is valuable. It is more valuable (c) —— any other thing. By wasting time you cannot (d) —— in life. (e) —— a student, you should make the proper use of time. You know that student (f) —— is the time of (g) —— seed for future. (h) —— you waste this valuable time, you will (i) —— in the long run. So, for God’s (j) ——, do not waste time.
Your loving brother,
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|An E-mail||be need||able to instantly send various important documents to an addressee|
|It||able to save our time, energy and money|
|We||a very quick means of communication|
|For this, we||a computer network connection|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
(a) Ripa is one of my best friends. (Make it comparative). (b) We go to school together. (Make it negative). In our spare time we get together. (c) Then we gossip to each other. (Make it interrogative). Moreover, there is a good relation between our two families. (d) On every festival I invite her. (Make it passive). (e) I am also invited by her. (Make it active).
6. Fill in the gaps with the right form of verbs in the brackets. Question a and e have special instructions in the brackets for the use of verbs. 0.5×8=4
A course is fixed for every examination. Students should (a) —— (‘remain’ in the negative) —— absent from examinations because they must (b) —— (complete) —— the course. They must (c) —— (prove) —— their ability and worth. It is the system to (d) —— (get) —— themselves promoted to the next higher classes. Those who (e) —— (‘read’ showing habit) —— sincerely during the period of the course could do well in the examination. But a few students are (f) —— (find) —— to be insincere. They (g) —— (show) —— their indifference to studies. Such students usually (h) —— (cut) —— a sorry figure in the examination.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
a thing of beauty is a joy forever said the teacher and a flower is a symbol of beauty and purity the students answered yes we know it.
Model Question-6 Solution
1. (a) the; (b) ×; (c) the; (d) ×; (e) the; (f) an; (g) ×; (h) a.
2. (a) At; (b) from; (c) for; (d) by; (e) From; (f) up; (g) after; (h) to.
3. (a) effects; (b) that; (c) than; (d) prosper; (e) As; (f) life; (g) sowing; (h) If; (i) suffer; (j) sake.
4. (a) An E-mail is a very quick means of communication.
(b) It is able to save our time, energy and money.
(c) We are able to instantly send various important documents to an addressee.
(d) For this, we need a computer network connection.
5. (a) Ripa is better than my most other friends.
Or, Ripa is better than most other friends of mine.
(b) We don’t go to school separately.
(c) Don’t we gossip to each other then?
(d) She is invited by me on every festival.
Or, On every festival she is invited by me.
(e) She also invites me.
6. (a) not remain; (b) complete; (c) prove; (d) get; (e) used to read; (f) found; (g) show; (h) cut.
7. “A thing of beauty is a joy forever,” said the teacher. “And a flower is a symbol of beauty and purity.” The students answered, “Yes, we know it.”