SSC English 2nd Paper Model-45 With Solutions
MODEL QUESTION 45
Part A : Grammar (60 Marks)
1. Fill in the blanks with the words from the box. You may need to change the forms of some of the words. You may need to use one word more than once. 0.5×10=5
Crop (a) —— water. Farmers must (b) —— their fields if there is very little rain (c) —— any time. But (d) —— is not easy if there is no river close (e) —— the crops. Canal can carry river water to (f) —— field. Sometimes much water causes flood. (g) —— dam may prevent difficulties of irrigation. (h) —— great lake can be built behind (i) —— dam. Dams are not (j) —— invention.
2. Fill in the blanks with suitable words. 0.5×10=5
Long long ago, there lived (a) —— widow in (b) —— certain village of Bustam. She had (c) —— son. He was nine years old. She loved him dearly. The boy also loved and obeyed her very much. One night when (d) —— entire village (e) —— in deep sleep, the boy was awake and busy (f) —— studies. His beloved mother was also sleeping. All (g) —— a sudden, she woke up and felt very thirsty. She told her son (h) —— dozing eyes to (i) —— her a glass of water and (j) —— asleep again.
3. Make five sentences using parts of the sentences from each column of the table below. 1×5=5
|Many of them||are seen||but again they play together|
|Street children||are||out from their house before the sunrise and go back after sunset|
|Sometimes they||are come||a common sight in Bangladesh|
|quarrel||playing in the scorching heat of the sun|
|They||often seen wearing torn clothes and barefooted|
4. Complete the following text with right forms of the verbs given in the box. : 0.5×10=5
Price of essentials is such a crucial factor that it directly (a) —— the life and diving of the majority people. The measures so far (b) —— by the government (c) —— appreciation from the people. But it is being replaced by despair as the majority of the people have been (d) ——under the crushing burden of (e) —— prices. It is (f) —— that the business syndicate (g) —— market prices and the retailers (h) —— out of their evil mechanism. Moreover, the police are (i) —— to have been (j) —— in illegal extortion which adds to the rising prices.
5. Change the narrative style of the following text. 5
Asif said his sister, “Do you want me to help you?” “No, I need not take others’ help. You can go now,” said his sister. Asif said, “Good night. May God help you.”
6. Change the sentences according to directions. 1×10=10
(a) Haji Muhammad Muhsin was more generous than many other men in these subcontinent. (Make it positive degree)
(b) He was born in Hoogly. (Make it a complex sentence)
(c) He inherited a vast property from has father and sister. (Make it an interrogative sentence)
(d) He did not misuse this wealth. (Use passive voice)
(e) He is called the friend of humanity. (Use passive voice)
(f) He did not marry. (Make it an affirmative sentence)
(g) During his life time, he spent money lavishly to help the poor. (Make it a complex sentence)
(h) He was so kind that he could not refuse any one’s request. (Make it a compound sentence)
(i) One night when he was saying his prayer, a thief broke into his room. ( Make it a simple sentence)
(j) He caught the thief but did not punish him. (Make it a complex sentence)
7. Complete the sentences. 1×5=5
(a) A person is known ——.
(b) —— had I any pen.
(c) He was so attentive ——.
(d) He was reading with a view to ——.
(e) Work hard provided that——.
8. Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or the both with the root words given in parenthesis. 0.5Í10=5
(a) — (corrupt) — is a great curse for our nation. No other problem is so (b) — (dread) — as it. It causes the (c) — (destruct) — of all positive (d) — (achieve) —. No real prosperity can be hoped in a corrupted society. It is so (e) — (danger) — that it devours all the good fruits of our efforts. So we all have to be (f) — (care) — about this curse. Our society and (g) — (administrate) — have partially or (h) — (large) — been corrupted. If this curse cannot be controlled or removed (i) — (immediate) —, our future generation will have no hope for a (j) — (prosper) — life.
9. Make tag questions of these statements. 1×5=5
(a) Hasan has little idea about it, ——?
(b) Our examination is over. Everybody is free now, ——?
(c) Let’s visit the Fantasy Kingdom, ——?
(d) The brother rose in him, ——?
(e) Happy birthday to you, ——?
10. Complete the passage using suitable connectors: 1×5=5
The conditions of the people of our village are not (a) —— improved. How to improve their condition is (b) —— an important question. (c) —— the condition of the village where most of our people live are improved, the development of the country cannot be expected. So, necessary steps should be taken. (d) —— these plans must be implemented with the help of the local body of the government (e) —— non-government organizations.
11. Use capitals and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text. 5
i have got gpa-5 in the ssc exam said rafiq congratulations said i what do you intend to do now i want to study in a reputed college and will try to get admission in rajuk college rafiq replied
SSC ENGLISH SECOND PAPER: Answer
Part A : Grammar (60 Marks)
1. (a) needs; (b) irrigate; (c) at; (d) irrigation; (e) to; (f) the; (g) A; (h) A; (i) the; (j) recent.
2. (a) a; (b) a; (c) a; (d) the; (e) was; (f) with; (g) on; (h) with; (i) give; (j) fell.
3. (a) Street children are a common sight in Bangladesh.
(b) They are often seen wearing torn clothes and barefooted.
(c) Many of them come out from their house before the sunrise and go back after sunset.
(d) Sometimes they are seen playing in the scorching heat of the sun.
(e) Sometimes they quarrel but again they play together.
4. (a) controls; (b) taken; (c) have earned; (d) paralyzed; (e) galloping; (f) learnt; (g) manipulates; (h) do not come; (i) reported; (j) involved.
5. Asif asked his sister if she wanted him to help her. His sister replied in the negative and said that she needed not take others’ help. She added that he could go then. Asif wished her sister good night and prayed that God might help her.
6. (a) No other man is so generous as Haji Mohammad Muhsin in this subcontinent.
(b) It is he who was born in Hooghly.
Or, The place where he was born in Hooghly.
(c) Didn’t he inherit a vast property from his father and sister?
(d) This wealth was not misused by him.
(e) People call him the friend of humanity.
(f) He was unmarried.
(g) During his life time, he spent money lavishly so that he could help the poor.
(h) He was very kind and so he could not refuse any one’s request.
(i) One night at the time of his saying prayer a thief broke into his room.
(j) Though he caught the thief, he did not punish him.
7. (a) A person is known by the company he keeps.
(b) I would write it had I any pen.
(c) He was so attentive that he could understand the complicated problem.
(d) He was reading with a view to gaining knowledge.
(e) Work hard provided that you are physically fit.
8. (a) Corruption; (b) dreadful; (c) destruction; (d) achievements; (e) dangerous; (f) careful; (g) administration; (h) largely; (i) immediately; (j) prosperous.
9. (a) Hasan has little idea about it, has he?
(b) Our examination is over. Everybody is free now, aren’t they?
(c) Let’s visit the Fantasy Kingdom, shall we?
(d) The brother rose in him, didn’t it?
(e) Happy birthday to you, don’t I?
10. (a) at all; (b) in fact; (c) Unless; (d) And; (e) as well as.
11. “I have got GPA-5 in the SSC exam,” said Rafiq. “Congratulations!” said I. “What do you intend to do now?” “I want to study in a reputed college and will try to get admission in Rajuk College,” Rafiq replied.