English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Seven 2022-(Model 6)
Section A: Grammar (Marks-30)
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Teacher: Hello, Khokon how are you?
Khokon : Fine, sir. How are you?
Teacher: Well. What are you doing?
Khokon : I am taking care of (a) — vegetable plants.
Teacher: Well, do you know about (b) — good health?
Khokon : No, I do not know clearly, sir. Would you please tell me?
Teacher: You know we eat to preserve our health. We eat to lead (c) — healthy and happy life.
Khokon : I know it, sir.
Teacher: Do you know how we can lead (d) — healthy life?
Khokon : No, I do not know about this, sir.
Teacher: To lead a healthy life, we should eat (e) — balanced diet.
Khokon : What is a balanced diet?
Teacher: (f) — balanced diet is (g) — diet which contains all kinds of (h) — food elements. It is necessary for our good health.
Khokon : Thank you, sir.
2. Runa is writing a letter to her friend Sheena about the beautiful scenery of Sylhet. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
I came to know from your letter that you are going to visit Sylhet next week. It is a place of scenic beauty. You will be enchanted (a) — the beauty of tea gardens (b) — Sylhet. Tall trees clinging (c) — the sides of the hills and hillocks look very fascinating. Then if you go to see the waterfall of Madhabkundu (d) — the top of the hill, you will be amazed (e) — the crystal clear water coming (f) — from a great height and crushing (g) — the ground below like garlands (h) — pearls.
No more today.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
This is to humbly (a) — you that at this moment the sun is unbearably hot. We cannot (b) — in the class room (c) —. We cannot pay proper attention to our studies owing (d) — unbearable heat. We sweat (e) — . We feel (f) — in our classroom. In this circumstance, we cannot continue our class (g) — from 10 up to 4 pm. So morning school can help us attend the classes properly.
We, (h) — , pray and hope that you would be kind (i) — to take proper steps for (j) — school during this hot season.
The students of
Hajigonj Pilot High School
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Independence||took||place in 1971.|
|No nation||joined||the war.|
|Our war of independence||can achieve||the birthright of a man.|
|People of all walks of life||is||it without struggle.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
Education is power (Make it interrogative). (b) Education is not unnecessary for every man (Make it affirmative). (c) We should receive education (Make it passive). (d) Man is the best creation of Allah (Make it positive). (e) Education is very important for man (Make it negative).
6. Fill in the gaps with the right forms of verb in the brackets. Question a and d have special instructions in the brackets for the use of verbs. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Thanks for your letter. I (a) — (‘learn’ use present perfect) that you are keen on learning English. I (b) — (appreciate) your interest. You can (c) — (listen) to BBC, CNN and such other news programmes. You (d) — (‘go’ use modal) through English newspapers, story books, etc. You can (e) — (maintain) a diary and write your feelings in English. You should (f) — (communicate) with others in English. (g) — (go) ahead. I (h) — (hope) you will be successful.
Your elder brother,
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
A synonym is a word that means the same or almost the same as another word there may be more than one synonyms for some of the words big and large, begin and start are synonyms an antonym is a word that means the opposite of another word sorrow and happiness, right and wrong are examples of antonyms.
Model Question-6 Solution
1. (a) ´; (b) ´; (c) a; (d) a; (e) a; (f) A; (g) a; (h) ´.
2. (a) by; (b) in ; (c) to ; (d) at ; (e) at ; (f) down ; (g) to ; (h) of.
3. (a) inform; (b) stay; (c) comfortably; (d) to; (e) heavily; (f) uneasy; (g) easily;
(h) therefore; (i) enough; (j) morning.
4. (i) Independence is the birthright of a man.
(ii) No nation can achieve it without struggle.
(iii) Our war of independence took place in 1971.
(iv) People of all walks of life joined the war.
5. (a) Isn’t education power?
(b) Education is necessary for every man.
(c) Education should be received by us.
(d) No other creation of Allah is as good as man.
(e) Education isn’t less important for man.
6. (a) have learnt; (b) appreciate; (c) listen; (d) should go; (e) maintain;
(f) communicate; (g) Go; (h) hope.
7. A synonym is a word that means the same or almost the same as another word. There may be more than one synonyms for some of the words. Big and large, begin and start are synonyms. An antonym is a word that means the opposite of another word. Sorrow and happiness, right and wrong are examples of antonyms.