English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 15)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
(a) — 16th December is (b) — red letter day in the history of Bangladesh. On this day we achieved victory at (c) — cost of (d) — bloody battle. Bangladesh came into being as (e) — independent country. It occupied a place in the world (f) — map. Every year we observe (g) — day with due solemnity. The day is (h) — public holiday.
2. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
(a) — a society all men are not equally well (b) — . Some are rich and some are very poor. This is because (c) — inequal distribution of national wealth. Many are deprived (d) — the basic needs of life. They must be provided (e) — their dues. The rich always draw a line of contrast (f) — themselves and the poor. They look down (g) — the poor. They think if the poor have riches, they will lose their control (h) — them.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
My dear Niloy,
My cordial (a) — to you. You will be (b) — to learn that the marriage ceremony of my younger sister is (c) — to be held on Friday next at our (d) — . I shall be (e) — glad if you attend this happy (f) — . My parents will also be glad to (g) — you in our midst on this occasion. You are (h) — to come at least a day before. (i) — do not fail to join us.
No more today. With best (j) — to your parents.
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Recreation||makes||necessary for leading a normal life.|
|It||to be||rather limited.|
|Recreation for villagers||can||watch television.|
|Nowadays some villagers||our life joyful.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
(a) Tania is a school student (make it interrogative). She reads in class VI. (b) She is never late in school (make it affirmative). (c) She loves her classmates (make it negative). (d) Her classmates love her too (make it passive). She obeys her teachers. (e) She is the best student in her class (make it positive). She helps her mother at home.
6. Fill in the gaps with the right forms of verb in the brackets. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Most of the students of our country are expert in (a) — (memorise) answer. They do not (b) — (prepare) notes themselves. They get them (c) — (prepare) by their tutors. Their tutors (d) — (exercise) their brain for the students. So, the thinking power of the students (e) — (develop). They do not have any (f) — (command) over the language. They, of course, do well in the examination. But for this they can (g) — (claim) no credit of their own. This result (h) — (help) them in their later life.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5×8=4
Wasik started to show a talent for computers since early childhood before the age of four, he mastered playing video games and typing in microsoft word. His mother cynthia Farhan-risha said, “i knew he was very different since his birth i couldn’t believe my eyes when he began computing as a seven-month-old child”.
Model Question-15 Solution
1. (a) The ; (b) a ; (c) the ; (d) a ; (e) an ; (f) × ; (g) the ; (h) a.
2. (a) In; (b) off; (c) of; (d) of; (e) with; (f) between; (g) upon; (h) over.
3. (a) love; (b) glad; (c) going; (d) residence; (e) very; (f) occasion; (g) find; (h) requested; (i) Please; (j) regards.
4. (a) Recreation is necessary for leading a normal life.
(b) It makes our life joyful.
(c) Now-a-days some villagers can watch television.
(d) Recreation for villagers is rather limited.
5. (a) Isn’t Tania a school student?
(b) She is always punctual in school.
(c) She doesn’t hate her classmates./She is not without love for her classmates.
(d) She is too loved by her classmates.
(e) No other student in her class is as good as she.
6. (a) memorising ; (b) prepare ; (c) prepared ; (d) exercise ; (e) does not develop ; (f) command; (g) claim ; (h) cannot help.
7. Wasik started to show a talent for computers since early childhood. Before the age of four, he mastered playing video games and typing in Microsoft word. His mother Cynthia Farhan-Risha said, “I knew he was very different since his birth. I couldn’t believe my eyes when he began computing as a seven-month-old child.”