English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 18)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5×8=4
Sports are not only (a) — matter of entertainment but also (b) — important aspect for (c) — development of (d) — global relationship. (e) — sports venue is a meeting place of people from different countries. They can come closer to each other and express their views and (f) — opinions. They create (g) — sense of brotherhood among them. Thus they develop a global relationship which is (h) — effective way of globalization.
2. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
I received (a) — you another e-mail saying that you will pass (b) — Dhaka next week. (c) — your letter you wished that you would like (d) — have a chat (e) — me about your course (f) — study. You also mentioned that your time is very limited and the only free day you have is the next Friday. You planned to spend the morning at Banani and requested me to give a little luncheon (g) — my residence in the noon. I agree (h) — your plan. Thanks.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
This is to humbly (a) — you that at present the heat of the sun is unbearable. We cannot (b) — in the classroom (c) —. We cannot pay proper attention to our studies owing (d) — unbearable heat. We sweat (e) —. We feel (f) — in our classrooms. In this circumstances, we cannot continue our classes (g) — from 10 a.m. to 4 pm. So morning school can help us attend the classes properly.
We, (h) —, pray and hope that you would be kind (i) — to take proper steps for (j) — school during this hot season.
The students of
Tangail Pilot High School
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Independence||took||place in 1971.|
|No nation||joined||the war.|
|Our war of independence||can achieve||the birthright of a man.|
|People of all walks of life||is||it without struggle.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
(a) Education is power (Make it interrogative). (b) Education is not unnecessary for every man (Make it affirmative). (c) We should receive education (Make it passive). (d) Man is the best creation of Allah (Make it positive). (e) Education is very important for man (Make it negative).
6. Fill in the gaps with the right forms of verb in the brackets. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Recently the word ‘Digital Bangladesh’ has (a) — (gain) a great popularity in Bangladesh. Now the government is (b) — (digitalize) every ministry. Through internet, people (c) — (collect) every information. Moreover admission form is (d) — (fill) and (e) — (submit) through internet in every university. So it has (f) — (lessen) the wastage of time and money of the people rather (g) — (save) our time and money. So, for the better generation ‘Digital Bangladesh’ (h) — (be) urgently necessary.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 ×8=4
“What” cried the bat is that all you have to say to our gracious host is he not the wisest bravest and most generous of all animals and birds have you no praise for his noble character as well as for his goodness to us?
Model Question-18 Solution
1. (a) a ; (b) an ; (c) the ; (d) × ; (e) A ; (f) × ; (g) a ; (h) an.
2. (a) from ; (b) through ; (c) In ; (d) to ; (e) with ; (f) of ; (g) at ; (h) with.
3. (a) inform; (b) stay; (c) comfortably; (d) to; (e) heavily; (f) uneasy; (g) easily; (h) therefore; (i) enough ; (j) morning.
4. (a) Independence is the birthright of a man.
(b) No nation can achieve it without struggle.
(c) Our war of independence took place in 1971.
(d) People of all walks of life joined the war.
5. (a) Isn’t education power?
(b) Education is necessary for every man.
(c) Education should be received by us.
(d) No other creation of Allah is as good as man.
(e) Education isn’t unimportant for man.
6. (a) gained; (b) digitalizing; (c) can collect; (d) filled; (e) submitted; (f) lessened; (g) saved; (h) is.
7. “What?” cried the bat. “Is that all you have to say to our gracious host?” Is he not the wisest, bravest and most generous of all animals and birds? Have you no praise for his noble character as well as for his goodness to us?”