English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 2)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (x) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
While Nazrul was watching BBC News. Mehedi entered (a) —— room.
Mehedi : You are (b) —— Bangladeshi but why do you always watch BBC?
Nazrul : I want to learn (c) —— English.
Mehedi : Why? What’s (d) —— importance of it?
Nazrul : It’s (e) —— international language. It’s (f) —— medium of communication across the world.
Mehedi : But surely you need not go (g) —— abroad.
Nazrul : You are (h) —— fool! We need it for higher studies.
2. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
(a) —— 2000 years ago, there lived a Greek named Aesop who used (b) —— teach people (c) —— telling them story which had a teaching or moral. What is the definition (d) —— a fable or moral? According (e) —— Oxford Dictionary fable is a tale especially (f) —— animals as characters, conveying a moral, not based (g) —— fact. (h) —— fine, fables are stories with morals.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
Crow is an annoying (a) ——. It irritates us with its (b) —— tune. It is cunning by (c) ——. It flies here and there in (d) —— of food, (e) —— it snatches away food from the kids. It lays (f) —— on the nest and guards the eggs. Naturally the cuckoos lay eggs on the same (g) —— on the sly. Here is a teaching. We don’t like those who have a harsh tune, though they do good for (h) ——. On the other (i) ——, we like those who have a (j) —— tune.
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|gives||brought the world in our rooms.|
|is||a great invention of science.|
|was||invented by John Logy from England.|
|has||us news and views.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
(a) Time and tide wait for none. (Interrogative) (b) Lost time can never be regained. (active) (c) So, everyday should make good use of time. (Imperative) (d) Time is valuable. (Negative) (e) Even lower animals know the value of time. (Interrogative)
6. Fill in the gaps with the right form of verbs in the brackets. Question a and c have special instructions in the brackets for the use of verbs. 0.5 × 8 = 4
A fool (a) —— (‘sit’ in the past continuous) by the side of a village road. He was (b) —— (dig) holes in some places. Now it happened that a king’s minister (c) —— (“pass” in the continuous) by that way. He asked, why (d) —— (be) you digging holes here? The fool (e) —— (begin) to laugh. The minister asked, “Why are you laughing?” The fool replied. “Why do people with eyes (f) —— (stumble), though there is no holes? Perhaps if there (g) —— (be) some holes, they will not stumble anymore. What do you (h) —— (think)?”
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
prophet david was a smith and a king he was the father of great king solomon he is called hazrat solaiman (A) by the muslims they both were pious generous, kind and just.
Model Question-2 Solution
1. (a) the; (b) a; (c) ×; (d) the; (e) an; (f) the; (g) ×; (h) a.
2. (a) About; (b) to; (c) by; (d) of; (e) to; (f) about; (g) on; (h) in.
3. (a) bird; (b) harsh; (c) nature; (d) search; (e) and; (f) eggs; (g) nest; (h) us; (i) hand; (j) sweet.
4. (i) Television is a great invention of science.
(ii) It was invented by John Logy from England.
(iii) It has brought the world in our rooms.
(iv) It gives us news and views.
5. (a) Don’t time and tide wait for anyone?
(b) Lost time never regains.
(c) So, make good use of time.
(d) Time is not invaluable.
(e) Don’t even lower animal know the value of time?
6. (a)was sitting; (b) digging; (c) was passing; (d) are; (e) began; (f) stumble; (g) are; (h) think.
7. Prophet David was a smith and a king. He was the father of great king Solomon. He is called Hazrat Solaiman (A) by the Muslims. They both were pious, generous, kind and just.