English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Seven 2022-(Model 4)
Section A: Grammar (Marks-30)
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Rima : Hello, Mina, how are you?
Mina : Well. But what about you?
Rima : I’m well too. But I’m anxious because I don’t know English well.
Mina : Don’t you know that English is (a) —— international language?
Rima : Yes. I know, English is (b) —— important medium of connecting with everybody all over (c) —— world. What do you think about it?
Mina : As English plays (d) —— great role it should be taught rightly. It is important to learn English.
Rima : Right you are. English is (e) —— part and parcel of our everyday life. Everywhere we see English. But how can we learn English correctly?
Mina : It’s (f) —— problem. Because there is (g) —— lack of efficient teachers of English in our country, isn’t it?
Rima : Sure. There are also many obstacles to learn (h) —— English.
Mina : Thank you for advice.
Rima : Welcome. Thank you too.
2. Sabuj is writing a letter to his friend. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
|along||in||of||to × 2||with||by||into|
Yesterday I visited the export fair held (a) —— Dhaka. I (b) —— with my friends went (c) —— the fair. First we entered (d) —— the pavilion of Bangladesh. The handicrafts and magnificent paintings made us really spellbound. We found beautiful dresses and sarees made (e) —— handlooms. Each stall surprised us (f) —— its excellent products. All the handicrafts testified (g) —— the skill and artistic taste (h) —— our workers. No more today.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
My Dear John,
I am writing you to tell you about the changes in young people’s food habits in my country. The (a)—— people are leaving their own food habits and are getting used to (b)—— foods and western food day by day. Today they (c)—— to fast food shops and enjoy much by eating fast foods such as pizza, burger, noodles, rolls and soft drinks. Students are also (d)—— crowded in the fast food shops (e)—— have a nice pastime with fast foods. In the towns and cities the educated people both men and women go to fast food shops and (f)—— fast food. Most often the young people belonging to (g)—— class go to Chinese hotels and have their dinner. Even many service holders go to fast food shops (h)—— they feel hungry. In seminar, symposium, meeting or any kind of get (i)—— fast foods are served. At present this is the (j)—— condition of the food habit of young people in my country.
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|His hobby||is||his mind fresh and happy.|
|It||keeps||stamps from many sources.|
|He||a student of class seven.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
(a) Kazi Nazrul is my favourite poet. (Make it interrogative) (b) No other poet in Bangla is as rebellious as he. (Use superlative degree) (c) I love him more than any other poet. (Use positive degree) (d) His contribution to Bangladesh is very significant. (Make it negative) (e) His works inspire us to voice against injustice and oppression. (Make it passive)
6. Fill in the gaps with the right form of verbs in the brackets. Question e has special instruction in the bracket for the use of verb. 0.5 × 8 = 4
A true friend (a)― (be) an asset. He (b)― (stand) by his friend in time of danger. He never (c)― (betray) with his friend. He (d)― (try) to make his friend happy. He (e)― (‘be’ in the negative) a greedy man. He always (f)― (wish) for the welfare of his friend. But it is a matter of fact that an ideal friend (g)― (be) very rare today. A selfish man cannot be a true friend. He always (h)― (think) of his own interest.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Mr. Khan a professor of english lived in Barisal. He was an honest person one day he found a bag on the road on his way back from the college it was full of money. He looked for the owner of the bag and found him.
Model Question-4 Solution
1. (a) an; (b) an; (c) the; (d) a; (e) a; (f) a; (g) a; (h) x.
2. (a) in; (b) along; (c) to; (d) into; (e) by; (f) with; (g) to; (h) of.
3. (a) young; (b) fast; (c) go; (d) seen; (e) and; (f) take; (g) rich; (h) when; (i) together; (j) present.
4. (i) Hasan is a student of class seven.
(ii) His hobby is stamp-collecting.
(iii) It keeps his mind fresh and happy.
(iv) He collects stamps from many sources.
5. (a) Isn’t Kazi Nazrul my favourite poet?
(b) He is the most rebellious poet in Bangla.
(c) I do not love any poet as much as him.
(d) His contribution to Bangladesh is not insignificant at all.
(e) We are inspired by his works to voice against injustice and oppression.
6. (a) is; (b) stands; (c) betrays; (d) tries; (e) is not; (f) wishes; (g) is; (h) thinks.
7. Mr. Khan, a professor of English, lived in Barisal. He was an honest person. One day he found a bag on the road on his way back from the college. It was full of money. He looked for the owner of the bag and found him.