English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Seven 2022-(Model 13)
Section A: Grammar (Marks-30)
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Mr. Grasshopper :Hello, my dear friend, take (a) —— break. You have been working hard since morning.
Mr. Ant : Sorry to say but I don’t have much time to take (b) —— rest and chat with you.
Mr. Grasshopper : Why? Is there (c) —— urgent necessity.
Mr. Ant : Yes. I’ve many (d) —— works to do.
Mr. Grasshopper : For example.
Mr. Ant : You know I have (e) —— agriculture field to water and harvest crops and to put them safely in my house and so on.
Mr. Grasshopper : Don’t you ever stop your work? Don’t you eat?
Mr. Ant : I stop my work and eat, but I take (f) —— very little time do that. I don’t want to waste my time.
Mr. Grasshopper : What are (g) —— benefits of working so hard and so fast? You have enough time to rest. Enjoy your (h) —— life, my friend!
Mr. Ant : Well, I will enjoy after finishing my work.
2. Zoyeeti is writing a letter to her friend about what she usually does on a holiday. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
|for × 2||about||with × 2||on||to × 2|
My dear Subanna,
Your letter is just to hand. In your last letter, you wanted to know about what I usually do (a) —— my holiday. Here is a description for you.
I start my morning (b) —— morning prayer. Then I go out (c) —— a walk. Then I read books for two hours. I take my breakfast (d) —— other members. Then I go out (e)——sightseeing with my parents. I come home and go out for playing. In the evening I sit for reading. I read until 11 pm. I go (f) —— bed before 12. Thus I usually pass my holiday.
Give my salam to your parents and love (g) —— the younger. Hoping to know (h) —— yours.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
Thank you so much for your (a) —— invitation to your birthday (b) ——. I think it will be (c) —— a very pleasant (d) —— to meet your cousins (e) —— friends and we will enjoy (f) —— and music. I heartily (g) —— your invitation and will be (h) —— in time.
I am keeping fit. Convey my (i) —— regards to your parents and (j) —— to the youngers.
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Newspaper||gives||useful to all sections of people.|
|It||shows||us news of home and abroad.|
|is||called the storehouse of knowledge.|
|us the outside world like a mirror.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
Raja Mia is a poor man of Rasulpur. (a) He is the oldest man in his village. (Use positive degree) (b) He is so weak that he cannot walk. (Make it affirmative) Losing all belongings, he has now become a helpless person. He had no one to help. (c) He does not beg. (Make it interrogative) He passes his days almost without food. (d) His neighbours are poor. (Make it negative) (e) We should take care of him. (Make it passive)
6. Fill in the gaps with the right form of verbs in the brackets. Question d and h have special instructions in the brackets for the use of verbs. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Health (a)― (be) the precondition of our body and mind. It may be good or bad. Good health (b)― (mean) healthy body free from diseases. To keep ourselves healthy, we have to (c)― (do) certain things. We (d) —— (‘should eat’ in the negative) junk food. Walking is a good excercise. It (e) —— (develop) our body and (f)― (refresh) our mind. It is beneficial to health. One can take fresh air and enjoy the beauty of nature if one (g)― (walk) in the early morning. So walking should be (h)― (‘form’ in the passive) as a habit by people of all ages.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
salam asked kamal what his programme was after the examination kamal replied the he had not yet decided and asked whether he could suggest any then Salam suggested him going on a picnic.
Model Question-13 Solution
1. (a) a; (b) x; (c) an; (d) x; (e) an; (f) a; (g) the; (h) x.
2. (a) on; (b) with; (c) for; (d) with; (e) for; (f) to; (g) to; (h) about.
3. (a) kind; (b) party; (c) really; (d) occasion; (e) and; (f) fun; (g) accept; (h) present; (i) best; (j) love.
4. (i) Newspaper is called the storehouse of knowledge.
(ii) It is useful to all sections of people.
(iii) It shows us the outside world like a mirror.
(iv) It gives us news of home and abroad.
5. (a) No other man in the village is as old as he.
(b) He is too weak to walk.
(c) Does he beg?
(d) His neighbours are not rich.
(e) He should be taken care of by us.
6. (a) is; (b) means; (c) do; (d) should not eat; (e) develops; (f) refreshes; (g) walks; (h) be formed.
7. Salam asked Kamal what his programme was after the examination. Kamal replied that he had not yet decided and asked whether he could suggest any. Then Salam suggested him going on a picnic.