English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 17)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5×8=4
(a) — prize giving ceremony is (b) — occasion of joy. Almost every school holds (c) — prize giving ceremony. (d) — last prize giving ceremony of our (e) — school was held on 2 March in (f) — school compound. We decorated (g) — school building very tastefully. (h) — big pandal was erected to hold the function.
2. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
You must have come (a) — the name of Leo Tolstoy, a great writer in the world (b) — literature. No novelist stands parallel (c) — him. All his novels and short stories convey a message. His purpose of writing was the purification of human mind and soul (d) — all kinds of evils and misjudgements. His heroes suffer (e) — inner conflict, pass (f) — ups and downs of life and struggle (g) — deprivation caused (h) — feudal and bourgeois society.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
My dear Sumon,
Accept my heartiest (a) — . I hope you are (b) — happy days in Chittagong. (c) — I am to tell you the details of my (d) — visit to Paharpur, Naogaon. I have (e) — it with some of my classmates. It is a renowned (f) — place where I (g) — the relics of the buildings of ancient kings, weapons and the hills. The surroundings attracted me (h) — much. If you (i) — with me, you would enjoy it more. No (j) — today.
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Early rising||habit||rises early finds time to take exercise.|
|The man||refreshes||good for health.|
|This||is||both the body and the mind of a person.|
|The morning air||who||has a long lasting effect in a man’s life.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
(a) Faruk is a lazy boy (make it interrogative). (b) He is always late in school (make it negative). He is often punished for being late. (c) His teachers always warn him to give up his bad habits (make it passive). (d) He is lazy (make it negative). So he cannot do well in the exam. His father beats him when he makes a bad result. (e) No one likes him (make it affirmative).
6. Fill in the gaps with the right forms of verb in the brackets. 0.5 × 8 = 4
We often (a) — (see) young people (b) — (indulge) in pompous ways of life. They (c) — (abide) by the advice of the seniors, not even of their guardians. Even they (d) — (try) to realize the negative aspects of it. Pompous life (e) — (make) them gradually derailed. When they (f) — (realize) the consequence of their lives, they often (g) — (find) it quite impossible to (h) — (mend) the damages.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
The teacher said to the boy, “do you think that honesty is the best policy?” the boy said “yes sir, i think so.” “then learn to be honest from boyhood, “said the teacher “thank you sir.”
Model Question-17 Solution
1. (a) The ; (b) an ; (c) the ; (d) The ; (e) × ; (f) the ; (g) the ; (h) A.
2. (a) across ; (b) of ; (c) to ; (d) from ; (e) from ; (f) through ; (g) for ; (h) by.
3. (a) love; (b) passing; (c) Now; (d) recent; (e) visited; (f) historical; (g) saw; (h) very; (i) were; (j) more.
4. (a) Early rising is good for health.
(b) This habit has a long lasting effect in a man’s life.
(c) The man who rises early finds time to take exercise.
(d) The morning air refreshes both the body and the mind of a person.
5. (a) Isn’t Faruk a lazy boy?
(b) He is never punctual in school.
(c) He is warned to give up his bad habits by his teachers.
(d) He is not active.
(e) Everybody dislikes him.
6. (a) see ; (b) indulged ; (c) do not abide ; (d) do not try ; (e) makes ; (f) realize ; (g) find; (h) mend.
7. The teacher said to the boy, “Do you think that honesty is the best policy?” The boy said, “Yes, sir. I think so.” “Then learn to be honest from boyhood,” said the teacher. “Thank you, sir.”