English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 27)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with an or the and put a cross (x) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
There lived (a) — poor man named Suruj Ali. He was (b) — honest man. He would look after (c) — large mango garden. (d) — owner of (e) — garden was (f) — rich man. During (g) — summer season some of his friends paid (h) — visit to his home.
2. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Air is an important element (a) — our environment. Clean air is essential (b) — our life. But air is polluted (c) — many ways. Smoke is liable (d) — air pollution. Smoke mixes (e) — the air and pollutes it. As a result germs spread (f) — and create many diseases. People suffer (g) — cough etc. So we must prevent water (h) — being polluted.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
(a) — we have many things to (b) — on this earth. We should be kind and (c) — to our parents (d) — they are the best (e) — of God to their issues. (f) — we should (g) — that they are next to God. On the contrary everybody should be (h) — of them. (i) — God will not be (j) — to us.
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
many tragedies and comedies.
known about his education.
born at Stratford-on-Avon.
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
Rumi is my classmate. (a) He is a regular student. (Negative) (b) He is never late to attend his classes. (Affirmative) (c) He wants to be a famous doctor in life. (Interrogative) (d) He works harder than any other student. (Positive) (e) He is loved by his parents, relatives and neighbours. (Active voice)
6. Fill in the gaps with the right forms of verbs in the brackets. Questions c and h have special instructions. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Sagor and Ripon (a) — (be) two best friends. Once Ripon (b) — (fall) sick and (c) — (‘come’ use ‘could not’ to make negative) to school. Sagor (d) — (be) in tense. Both of them were also good students of the class. Sagor phoned Ripon, “What (e) — (happen) to you, Ripon? Ripon (f) — (say), “Nothing serious, but everyday I feel feverish. I can’t (g) — (read) more. After school I feel (h) — (‘tire’ use too) to sit on the table.”
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary.
0.5 × 8 = 4
We the Bangalees celebrate our victory day by remembering with pride the roles played by our fearless freedom fighters and the people at large on the other hand we sadly remember all the sufferings and pain our people endured during the nine month long liberation war.
Model Question-27 Solution
1. (a) a; (b) an; (c) a; (d) The; (e) the; (f) a; (g) the; (h) a.
2. (a) of; (b) for; (c) in; (d) for; (e) with; (f) out; (g) from; (h) from.
3. (a) Anyway; (b) perform; (c) sympathetic; (d) because; (e) gifts; (f) Moreover; (g) remember; (h) careful; (i) Otherwise; (j) kind.
4. (a) William Shakespeare was born at Stratford-on-Avon.
(b) Very little is known about his education.
(c) He composed many poems.
(d) He wrote many tragedies and comedies.
5. (a) He is not an irregular student.
(b) He is always punctual to attend his classes.
(c) Doesn’t he want to be a famous doctor in life?
(d) No other student works as hard as he.
(e) His parents, relatives and neighbours love him.
6. (a) are; (b) fell; (c) could not come; (d) was; (e) happened; (f) said; (g) read; (h) too tired.
7. We, the Bangalees, celebrate our Victory Day by remembering with pride the roles played by our fearless fighters and the people at large. On the other hand, we sadly remember all the sufferings and pain our people endured during the nine-month long liberation war.