English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Seven 2022-(Model 20)
Section A: Grammar (Marks-30)
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (×) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Foreigner: Excuse me, could you tell me (a) — way to (b) — nearby hotel?
Myself : Sure, would you like to stay there or take (c) — meal?
Foreigner: I like to stay there.
Myself : Okay, there are many luxurious hotels in (d) — Dhaka city. You can go to (e) — Rupashi Bangla Hotel.
Foreigner: How can I reach there? Is it very far from here?
Myself : No. Take (f) — cab or taxi. It will take only ten minutes to reach (g) — hotel.
Foreigner: Can you tell me some important places worth-visiting?
Myself : You can get help from (h) — Parjatan Corporation over there.
Foreigner: Thank you very much.
Myself : You are welcome.
2. Sihab is writing to his friend Tito to know about the course of study. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
I received (a) — you another e-mail saying that you will pass (b) — Dhaka next week. (c) — your letter you wished that you would like (d) — have a chat (e) — me about your course (f) — study. You also mentioned that your time is very limited and the only free day you have the next Friday. You planned to spend the morning at Banani and requested me to give a little luncheon (g) — my residence in the noon. I agree (h) — your plan. Thanks.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
You are very interested to know about the future plan of my life. Now I am telling you about it. I am a student and I am not (a) — with a silver spoon in my mouth. I know that to be happy in life I (b) — prepare myself (c) — that I can earn money. I must earn (d) — sufficient to make life comfortable. The desire for (e) — money is not unnatural. It is money that may help a man to (f) — power and position in a society. At the (g) — time I also feel an urge to serve the society. So (h) — may be the aim of my life I cannot give up the idea of a clean, honest and pure life. The profession of a teacher may help me to (i) — such a life. (j) — the idea of living honorably is the noblest aim, I have decided to be a teacher.
With best wishes,
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Everybody||forget||full of troubles and difficulties.|
|The main reason is that people||is||that life is not a bad of roses.|
|It||desires||to succeed in life.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
(a) There was a king who was very wise (Make it negative). (b) He is called wise Solomon (Make it active). (c) Actually at that time he was the wisest of all (Make it positive). (d) There was another ruler also named Queen of Sheba (Make it interrogative). (e) One day she thought Solomon’s wisdom should not remain untested (Make it affirmative).
6. Fill in the gaps with the right forms of verb in the brackets. Questions f and g have special instructions in the brackets for the use of verbs. 0.5 × 8 = 4
A teacher (a) — (be) an architect of a nation. He (b) — (play) an important role in (c) — (build) up an educated nation. He (d) — (dispel) the darkness of ignorance from the lot of a nation. He is an actor while speaking. He has to (e) — (suit) his act according to the need of his listeners. He is able (f) — (‘hold’ use infinitive) the attention of his students. He (g) — (‘sit’ in the negative) motionless before his class. He also (h) — (make) his lessons interesting.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Rina said to me have you finished reading the book I gave you yesterday yes, i have finished reading the book. I replied, what an interesting book it is I wish i would borrow the book earlier! I said, “Will you return me the book today? She said.
1. (a) the ; (b) a ; (c) a ; (d) ´ ; (e) the ; (f) a ; (g) the ; (h) the.
2. (a) from ; (b) through ; (c) In ; (d) to ; (e) with ; (f) of ; (g) at ; (h) with.
3. (a) born; (b) must; (c) so; (d) something; (e) making; (f) get; (g) same; (h) whatever; (i) lead; (j) Since.
4. (i) Everybody desires to succeed in life.
(ii) Few attain it.
(iii) The main reason is that people forget that life is not a bed of roses.
(iv) It is full of troubles and difficulties.
5. (a) There was a king who was not at all stupid.
(b) People call him wise Solomon.
(c) Actually no one was as wise as him at that time.
(d) Wasn’t there also another ruler named Queen of Sheba?
(e) One day she thought Solomon’s wisdom should get tested.
6. (a) is ; (b) plays ; (c) building ; (d) dispels ; (e) suit ; (f) to hold ; (g) does not sit ; (h) makes.
7. Rina said to me, “Have you finished reading the book I gave you yesterday?” “Yes, I have finished reading the book,” I replied. “What an interesting book it is! I wish I would borrow the book earlier!” I said. “Will you return me the book today?” she said.