English 2nd Paper Model Question with Solution for Class Six 2022-(Model 8)
[Answer all the questions. Figures in the margin indicate full marks]
Section : Grammar – 30
1. Fill in the gaps with a, an or the and put a cross (x) where no article is needed. 0.5 × 8 = 4
Myself : Congratulation on your making (a) —— bright result.
Student : Thank you.
Myself : I think, you got golden (b) —— A+, didn’t you?
Student : You’re right.
Myself : Could you please tell me (c) —— secret of your good result?
Student : Of course, studying from the beginning of (d) —— year in (e) —— disciplined way is (f) —— essential secret of it.
Myself : How long did you study?
Student : I studied 8 hours (g) —— day, but I maintained regularity.
Myself : What (h) —— else did you do?
Student : I didn’t memorize anything without understanding. I made my own notes.
Myself : Thank you very much.
2. Muma Muntaha is writing to her friend about her visit to a science fair. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gaps. 0.5 × 8 = 4
|in||for × 3||by||to × 2||with|
How do you do? I hope, you are well (a) —— the grace of Almighty Allah. Well, you wanted to know the experience of my visit (b) —— the science fair held at Sylhet Govt. High School auditorium. (c) —— your perusal I narrate my experience here. I visited the science fair (d) —— profound zeal and eagerness. I observed that many students (e) —— our level had tried their best to invent something (f) —— the betterment of our habitation. I got much encouraged and inspired (g) —— awakening my latent talents (h) —— the development of human habitation.
More when we meet.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5 × 10 = 5
Just two days ago I (a) —— the news of your admission into the Central Hospital Dhaka. I became (b) ——. I came to know (c) —— you had been (d) —— from fever for several days. It was my (e) —— to remain beside you (f) —— you know my examination will start from tomorrow. I hope to (g) —— you just after the exam. So, don’t (h) —— my friend, follow the (i) —— of the doctor. Take medicine in time. Don’t get (j) ——. I pray for your early recovery.
No more today.
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1 × 4 = 4
|Physical exercise||be keeps||us strong and healthy.|
|It||the best time to take physical exercise.|
|Morning is||not suitable for the people of all ages.|
|All kinds of exercises||one which makes our body fit.|
5. Read the following text and change the sentences as directed. 1 × 5 = 5
Mitu and Setu are two sisters. (a) Mitu is more meritorious than Setu. (Make it positive). (b) They love each other very much. (Make it interrogative). (c) They don’t read in the same class. (Make it affirmative). (d) They are very poor. (Make it exclamatory). (e) But all the members of their family are honest and religious minded. (Make it negative).
6. Fill in the gaps with the right form of verbs in the brackets. Question a and e have special instructions in the brackets for the use of verbs. 0.5×8=4
The new English curriculum gives importance to communication and correspondence. So, modern English is called Communicative English. It (a) —— (‘mean’ in the negative) —— floral or ornamental English. We (b) —— (want) —— to mean that it is functional English. The purpose of this is to (c) —— (make) —— the learners good at oral and written communication. For this purpose, they do not need to (d) —— (go) —— through the works of Shakespeare or Byron. They need to know the words needed for our everyday use. In the past, the learners (e) —— (‘read’ expressing habit) —— literature in order to (f) —— (have) —— a command of English. But today, the subject has been (g) —— (divide) —— into Language and Literature. You can (h) —— (choose) —— either of them to learn English.
7. Use appropriate punctuation marks and capital letters where necessary. 0.5 × 8 = 4
the teacher said to tajul do you think that honesty is the best policy tajul said yes sir i think so then learn to be honest from your boyhood said the teacher thank you sir said tajul
Model Question-8 Solution
1. (a) a; (b) ×; (c) the; (d) the; (e) a; (f) an; (g) a; (h) ×.
2. (a) by; (b) to; (c) For; (d) with; (e) to; (f) for; (g) in; (h) for.
3. (a) heard; (b) surprised; (c) that; (d) suffering; (e) duty; (f) but; (g) meet; (h) worry; (i) advice; (j) nervous.
4. (a) Physical exercise is one which makes our body fit.
(b) It keeps us strong and healthy.
(c) Morning is the best time to take physical exercise.
(d) All kinds of exercises are not suitable for the people of all ages.
5. (a) Setu is not so/as meritorious as Mitu.
(b) Don’t they love each other very much?
(c) They read in different classes.
(d) How poor they are!
(e) But, no member of their family is dishonest and irreligious minded.
6. (a) does not mean; (b) want; (c) make; (d) go; (e) used to read; (f) have; (g) divided; (h) choose.
7. The teacher said to Tajul, “Do you think that honesty is the best policy?” Tajul said, “Yes, sir, I think so.” “Then learn to be honest from your boyhood.” said the teacher. “Thank you, sir,” said Tajul.